Sunday, February 16, 2014

New Year, New Me

    

       
             When the new year comes around it seems like the perfect time for self-improvement right?.Even though I’ve always failed my New Year’s resolutions, every year I promise myself that this time will be different. I’ve tried everything from starting doing  my homework earlier to giving up Facebook. Trying to be a better student and for the last time doing my very best so that my final grade could satisfy my expectations. But it doesn't mean that because it is said that we must change because a new year has come, another person we become, we must only change the bad habits that can be a hindrance to our success. Nothing is permanent in this world, just like climate people change even though its hard to change people change because of some factors, if they hurt to much, change because they want to or maybe they want to change for the one they love.
     
 "Maybe it's not always about trying to fix something broken. Maybe it's about starting over and creating something better" All of our failures in life are the ones who motivate us to change for the better. Committing mistakes can sometimes are the key why we improve ourselves. Did you ever asked yourself why you commit mistakes? we commit mistakes because of some reasons and because of this mistakes we seek to try new and promise to ourselves that we do not do that mistakes or failures again.

    Today, I look back at those massive failures I've made  and laugh about this many times in a while.I figured out how to do my homework by turning off the TV, turning off my cellphone and one thing in my mind is to finish it the time i set doing it the night it was assigned.The Facebook goal wouldn’t be that challenging now. I have slowly become less attached to Facebook. I update my status only about once a week. I’ve learned that New Year’s resolutions aren’t meant to change your life, they’re just a nice tradition. It’s fun to challenge myself and find out how long I’ll last.
So far I’m doing well but I’m not sure how long it will last.

0 comments:

Post a Comment